Crankpin Machining On site & In Situ
Wherever you are, Metalock Engineering UK Ltd offers a wealth of on-site machining skills and experience of crankpin and main-bearing journals on large and small engines. Based on decades of challenging work for marine propulsion and power, as well as industrial power generation applications, we know we can usually solve your crankpin machining in situ challenge without resorting to costly removal to a remote workshop…
Our 1st class on site crankpin machining skills get your machinery up and running again with minimal downtime, maximising your earning potential.
Metalock in action
Precision on-site crankpin machining saved P&O time and money, and avoided the hassle of costly machinery removal, when the crankpin on one of MS Pride of Bruges’ two Wärtsilä-Sulzer 9ZAL40 engines required repair. Successful completion of the work demonstrated yet again how we tackle the toughest marine and land-based machining challenges anywhere in the world and around the clock.
Crankpin and main-bearing journal repairs
Our range of orbital crankpin machines and main-bearing machining attachments has been specially designed to fit all types of engines. Why incur the cost and inconvenience of workshop repairs when we regularly carry out these services in situ around the world.
A range of capabilities
Our capabilities include these:
- Magnetic particle inspection (MPI).
- Dye penetrant.
- Hardness testing.
- Machining of journal fillet radii.
- Journal regrinding and superfinishing to manufacturers’ specifications.
Avoid the cost of off-site repairs
Imagine the time and cost of a conventional workshop repair:
- Stripping an engine.
- Removal of the crankshaft.
- Transport to a machine shop.
- Return to site.
- Crankshaft reinstallation.
- Engine rebuilding.
Imagine how long your vessel or other equipment will be out of service and not earning revenue... Now, consider the benefits of our cost-effective in situ repair – including minimisation of downtime and the avoidance of replacement costs:
Wherever in the world your plant or vessel is located (including mid-ocean), you get all the usual Metalock benefits when you entrust your in situ crankpin machining to us:
- A proven solution-focused approach (in dock or at sea).
- 24/7 worldwide service – call us anytime to save time and money by avoiding costly workshop repairs.
- Build and protect your professional reputation with our support.
- Workshop-quality machining on site.
- One source for all your on-site machining.
- Nearly 70 years’ of UK engineering expertise – you can trust us to complete the most challenging projects on time, on budget and to the highest quality
How can we save you time and money, and get your plant or vessel earning money again as soon as possible?
Please contact us on +44 (0) 2476 338205 or
for more information or your