Casting Repairs In Situ
Every day, around the world, someone in an industry like yours relies on our specialist cold repair techniques for cracked or broken components made of cast iron, steel or aluminium. Why? Because, when you need to get business-critical plant working again as soon as possible, and only a cold repair will do, you can count on the proven Metalock process…
Cast iron repairs carried out in situ by our experienced team of engineers, reducing down time and saving you costs.
Metalock in action
By responding quickly to Toyota UK, we successfully completed metalocking repairs to a fractured cast iron body panel die. Using its experience, specialist skills and around-the-clock working, our team repaired the 4m fracture so the giant car manufacturer could get its pressing-line die working again with minimum downtime.
Cold repair service for broken metal components
Our unique process, developed and refined over several decades, is based on sound engineering principles. It avoids stress problems associated with welding and maintains original alignment, which reduces the need for costly re-machining after repairs.
Advantage of casting repairs in situ
Metalock customers value the advantages of our proven cold repair method. These include the following:
- We usually do the work on site – saving you time and avoiding dismantling.
- Maintenance of alignment and original surfaces.
- Dampening and absorption of compression stresses.
- Spreading of tensile strains.
- Ensure a good expansion joint on jobs such as cylinder liners.
- Distribute load away from fatigue points.
- Maintain relieved condition of inherent internal stresses where these caused the fracture.
- Provide a low co-efficient of expansion in relation to the repaired metal.
- Because the repair is completely cold, it doesn’t need heat application, which could introduce fresh stresses.
From shaft-bearing end covers to long fractures in pressing-line dies and bridge repairs, damaged castings mean inconvenience, cost and delay. That’s when our cold casting repairs get your plant or structure working again as soon as possible:
Find out more about the Metal Stitching Repair Process
- A proven solution-focused approach, worldwide, 24/7.
- Build and protect your reputation.
- Workshop-quality on-site repairs.
- One source for your casting repairs.
- Nearly 70 years’ of UK engineering expertise means you can trust us.
How can we save you time and money, and help you protect your reputation with our casting repair techniques?
Please contact us on +44 (0) 2476 338205 firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information or yourno-obligation quotation.